Admission to the School
Downtown Montessori Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin. Children from ages 3 through the eighth grade are eligible for the Montessori program. Three year olds are accepted for admission on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children five and older must have prior Montessori experience to attend our school
As a City of Milwaukee charter, children who reach age 4 by September 1st of a given academic year, can be enrolled in our half-day kindergarten program, while those who are 5 may enroll in our full-day program, with tuition covered by public funds. This also follows for children in the elementary program.
To enroll your child at Downtown Montessori Academy:
- Pre-enrollment visit: Before a child enters the school, we encourage the parent to attend a Parent Group Tour to learn about our program, our philosophy, the Montessori method and school policies and procedures. If you have missed the group tour we still encourage you to submit an application. If your child is accepted you will then have the opportunity to come in and view the school.
- Enrollment Application: This may be completed at the conclusion of the Parent Group Tour or filled out online and submitted electronically. Be sure you open the .pdf file in Adobe to use the fillable features. Please allow 2 business days for processing. If you do not hear from our admissions coordinator by email please give us a call to be sure we received your application.
Once your child has been accepted:
- A registration fee of $50 is required only for those applying for the before and after school program. Additionally, all children who are three years old and paying tuition are required to pay this fee.
- Documentation required once your child has been accepted:
- Current immunization records
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency
To check the status of your child’s name on our wait list please contact the Admissions Coordinator, Jessica Rodriguez at 414-744-6005 or email@example.com